Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Nut
Needles: US 9/5.5mm
I should have stopped the shoulder increases way sooner. It's too loose in the shoulders and a bit too fitted in the body, and then a little bit short. I doubt I'll ever wear this. There are just too many buttons.
I love knitting with this yarn, but it's just kind of weird for sweaters. And if I had to do over again, I probably wouldn't use this color. I was planning to do some applique (which would have been cool, I swear) and the color was chosen for that, but I've lost my steam a bit.
Cast on 104 stitches. 15 stitches per sleeve and 34 stitches for the back.
Increase until there are 53 stitches per sleeve, then separate. 2x2 rib on the sleeves for about 6 rows (I forgot to keep track and I always have trouble counting rib rows.) But they look about right. I should have gone down a needle size or two, they are a bit loose.
That left me with 150 stitches, and a pretty baggy body. I knit 2 rows to join the body parts, and then decreased 2 stitches under each armpit. (ssk, then k2tog - I hope that makes them point in the right direction, I always forget). I think I’ll do this every 4 rows…
After 6 of these decrease rows, the front section is fitted enough, but the back could use a few more decreases, so decreasing on the back only every four rows… This means on the 8th buttonhole row, I have 124 stitches.
I think I did one or two increase rows before starting the waistband ribbing, to accommodate my love handles/hips. And then…
I RAN OUT OF YARN WHILE BINDING OFF. :(
But since the sleeves were too loose, I frogged them and reknit them on size 7 needles, which gave me just enough yarn to finish binding off the bottom.