Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dobby Hat

I worked on my Dobby Hat quite a bit yesterday, and it took me a while to realize that I was being pretty half-assed about my decreases. First off, the pattern has a few mistakes in it or parts where it doesn't totally make sense (that could just be me being dense, though). But also I am knitting it in the round so that I don't have to seam it, and I noticed that following the pattern left my decreases heading in the wrong direction. So then I switched them up, and it looked much better. But I decided to rip the whole thing back to where the decreases start, so that it'll look nice and neat. So I made a lot of progress on it yesterday only to rip it back, start over, and get this far.

And also, I decided that, since I want to get into socks, it's time for me to learn an alternative to double pointed needles. I'm starting with Magic Loop. Since I have Denise's needles, that means I can automatically do Magic Loop with size 5 through 15 needles. That doesn't help me with socks, but it'll be less of an investment in the sock-sizes than, say, the two-circulars method. So far, it's super easy and I think I'm hooked.

Please forgive the pic. It was really friggen early.

No comments: